The definitive guidelines on drug offences were issued on 24 January 2012 and came into force on 27 February 2012.
The following offences are included in the definitive guidelines:
- Fraudulent evasion of a prohibition by bringing into or out of the UK a controlled drug
- Supplying or offering to supply a controlled drug/ Possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply it to another
- Production of a controlled drug/ Cultivation of cannabis plant
- Permitting premises to be used
- Possession of a controlled drug
Between 15 January 2020 and 7 May 2020 the Council consulted on revisions to the drug offences guidelines and new draft guidelines covering offences provided for by the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016.
The consultation on the original guidelines for drug offences was open from 28 March 2011 to 20 June 2011. There were 685 responses.
To support the guidelines and consultations, the Council publishes a range of documents. These documents may include consultation responses, statistical bulletins, resource and equality impact assessments and guideline assessments.
Related documents: Drug offences