You are remanded in custody until …………
We are not granting you bail because:
- we believe that you will not come back to court because of your previous failure to do so [and/or]
- there are substantial grounds to believe that you will commit another offence on bail because this offence is alleged to have been committed on bail [and/or]
- you have previously been released on conditional bail and have not kept to those conditions and we have substantial grounds to believe that:
- you will not come back to court [and/or]
- you will commit an offence [and/or]
- you will interfere with witnesses or obstruct the course of the case
[In any of the above exceptions] and if you are convicted, we believe, there is a real prospect of you receiving a custodial sentence for this offence [and/or]
- there are substantial grounds to believe that you will commit an offence that is likely to cause, or make ………… [insert details of associated person] fear physical or mental injury [and/or]
- you have tested positive for ………… [insert details of Class A drug] but will not agree to a drug assessment and/or treatment [and/or]
- we are satisfied that this is for your own protection [and/or]
- you are already a serving prisoner [and/or]
- we are satisfied that we do not have enough information and we cannot reach a decision about bail.
[If the next hearing is by videolink state] You will not be produced before the court on ………… but will take part in the hearing over a live television link in the same way as if you were here in person.