Sentencing Guidelines for use in Crown Court
How to use these sentencing guidelines
To find an offence-specific guideline, you can do any of the following:
- enter the name of the offence in the box below,
- use the offence-type drop-down list to select a related group of offences such as sexual offences or public order offences,
- search for keywords, eg bribery, knives, sex,
- enter the name of the relevant Act and/or section, eg Explosive Substances Act 1883, Public Order Act, section 5, or
- scroll down the A to Z list of offences (guidelines not yet in effect are listed in purple).
To find an overarching guideline:
- on this page, click on the heading Overarching Guidelines,
- on any page, click the icon in the left-hand menu.
Right click to open a guideline in a new tab.
To print or create a temporary pdf of any guideline:
- with the page open, click on , then select your printer or "Adobe PDF" to create a pdf. To include hidden content, open drop-down box before printing. Do not retain these copies. Only the online version of a guideline is guaranteed to be up to date.
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.6(2)
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.3; Customs and Excise Management Act 1979, s.170(2)
Psychoactive Substances Act 2016, s.8
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.8
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.5(2)
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.5(3)
Psychoactive Substances Act 2016, s.7(1)
Psychoactive Substances Act 2016, s.4
Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.4(2)(a) or (b), Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.6(2)
Supplying or offering to supply a controlled drug/ Possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply it to anotherMisuse of Drugs Act 1971 s.4(3), Misuse of Drugs Act 1971, s.5(3)
Supplying, or offering to supply, a psychoactive substance/ Possession of psychoactive substance with intent to supplyPsychoactive Substances Act 2016, s.5(1) or 5(2), Psychoactive Substances Act 2016, s.7(1)