21 July 2021
Sentencing Council: Annual Report 2020/21
The Sentencing Council’s 11th annual report and Lord Justice Holroyde’s third as Chairman. The report documents the Council’s achievements of the year 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021, which include:
- Publishing four sets of definitive guidelines, all of which have come into effect:
- Overarching principles for sentencing offenders with mental disorders, developmental disorders or neurological impairments;
- Revisions to the magistrates’ courts sentencing guidelines and allied explanatory materials;
- Firearms offences; and
- Drug offences.
- Holding consultations on guidelines for sentencing:
- Assault and attempted murder;
- Modern slavery; and
- Unauthorised use of trademarks.