Assault offences consultation
|16 April 2020||15 September 2020|
Respond to the consultation:
Download the consultation documents:
Or use the online consultation
If you have any difficulty accessing the consultation or require it in a different format please contact
The Sentencing Council is issuing a new consultation on its proposed guideline on sentencing drug offences.
Which offences are covered by the guideline?
- Common assault – section 39 Criminal Justice Act 1988; Racially/religiously aggravated Common assault – section 29 Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Common assault of an emergency worker – section 1 Assaults on Emergency Workers (Offences) Act 2018
- Assault with intent to resist arrest – section 38 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
- Assault occasioning actual bodily harm – section 47 Offences Against the Person Act 1861; Racially/religiously aggravated ABH – section 29 Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Inflicting grievous bodily harm/Unlawful wounding – section 20 Offences Against the Person Act 1861; Racially/religiously aggravated GBH/Unlawful wounding – section 29 Crime and Disorder Act 1998
- Causing grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm/Wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm – section 18 Offences Against the Person Act 1861
- Attempted murder – s1(1) Criminal Attempts Act 1981