You are remanded to local authority accommodation until ………… Until then you will be the responsibility of/looked after by ………… [insert designated local authority details].
We are not granting you bail because:
- there are substantial grounds to believe that:
- you will not come back to court [and/or]
- you will commit an offence [and/or]
- you will interfere with witnesses or obstruct the course of the case [and/or]
- it is alleged you will commit an offence on bail, because this offence was committed on bail [and/or]
- you have previously been released on conditional bail and have not kept to those conditions [and/or]
- there are substantial grounds to believe you would commit an offence that is likely to cause, or make ………… [insert details of associated person] fear physical or mental injury [and/or]
- we are satisfied that it should be refused for your own welfare [and/or]
- you are already serving a custodial sentence [and/or]
- we are satisfied that we do not have enough information to decide if you can be released [and/or]
- it is the only appropriate way to make sure a report is prepared.
We believe this because:
- of how serious the offence is and how you might be dealt with for it [and/or]
- of your criminal record and background [and/or]
- you have been given bail before but have not done as you were told [and/or]
- of the strength of the evidence against you [and/or]
- you may behave in a way that may cause, or make ………… [insert details of associated person] think you could cause them harm [and/or]
- [any other relevant reason – insert details.]
You must come back to court on …………. at am/pm.
[If applicable.] You will be placed in local authority accommodation with the following conditions …………
[State in exact terms what the conditions will be, e.g.
- to live where directed by the Youth Offending Team/local authority
- where they cannot live
- reporting to a police station
- non-contact with witnesses
- any other necessary condition.]
If you breach any of the conditions, you will be arrested and brought back to court and we may decide that you should be remanded to Youth Detention Accommodation.