You are granted bail with conditions to appear before this court on ………… at ………… am/pm. If you do not come back to court at that date and time, you may commit an offence. You could be arrested, fined or sent to custody. If you commit an offence while on bail your sentence will be greater.
[If applicable] Your case is listed for trial on the next occasion. If you do not attend or are late, the trial may proceed in your absence, unless it is not in the interests of justice to do so.
You must comply with the following conditions. If you do not, you could be arrested and brought back to court when your bail will be reconsidered.
[State in exact terms what the conditions are e.g.
- Residence e.g. to live and sleep at ………..
- exclusion and attendance monitoring
- reporting to a police station
- non-contact with named witnesses (direct and/or indirect)
- appointments with drug intervention team.]
These conditions are necessary to make sure:
- you attend court [and/or]
- you do not commit offences on bail [and/or]
- you do not interfere with witnesses [and/or]
- you attend your appointments.
[State what must happen at the next hearing and make any directions necessary to ensure effective case management.]
[If applicable] We believe that these conditions address the concerns the prosecution have told us about.
Do you understand?