Allocation, offences taken into consideration and totality
The revised definitive guideline on allocation was issued on 10 December 2015, and will come into force on 1 March 2016.
The consultation on the revised allocation guideline was open from 19 June 2015 to 31 July 2015. There were 48 responses received.
The definitive guideline on offences taken into consideration and totality was issued on 6 March 2012 and came into force on 11 June 2012.
The original guideline on allocation was published as an update to the Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines, and also came into force on 11 June 2012. This guideline will remain in force until 1 March 2016.
The consultation on the draft guideline on allocation, offences taken into consideration and totality was open from 15 September 2011 to 8 December 2011.
There were 83 responses received.
The following are included in the definitive guideline:
- Allocation guideline (included in Magistrates’ Court Sentencing Guidelines).
- Offences taken into consideration (TICs) guideline.
- Totality guideline:
- General approach – Concurrent sentences.
- General approach – Consecutive sentences.
- Specific applications – Custodial sentences.
- Specific applications – Non-custodial sentences.