The definitive guideline on sexual offences was issued on 12 December 2013 and came into force on 1 April 2014.
The consultation on the draft guideline on sexual offences was open from 6 December 2012 to 14 March 2013.
There were 165 responses received.
There are over 50 offences included in the definitive guideline, in the following sections:
- Rape and assault offences.
- Offences where the victim is a child.
- Indecent images of children.
- Exploitation offences.
- Offences against those with a mental disorder.
- Other sexual offences.
- Guidance regarding offences committed by offenders under the age of 18 (no definitive guidelines are included).