The definitive guideline on drug offences was issued on 24 January 2012 and came into force on 27 February 2012.
The consultation on the draft guideline on drug offences was open from 28 March 2011 to 20 June 2011.
There were 685 responses received.
The following offences are included in the definitive guideline:
- Fraudulent evasion of a prohibition by bringing into or out of the UK a controlled drug.
- Supply or offering to supply a controlled drug / Possession of a controlled drug with intent to supply it to another.
- Production of a controlled drug / Cultivation of cannabis plant.
- Permitting premises to be used.
- Possession of a controlled drug.