The definitive guideline on sentencing breach offences was issued on 7 June and came into force on 1 October 2018.
The consultation on the breach guideline was published on 25 October 2016 and closed on 25 January 2017.
The new breach guideline contains guidance for:
- Breach of a community order
- Breach of a suspended sentence order
- Breach of post sentence supervision
- Failing to surrender to bail
- Breach of a protective order (restraining and non-molestation orders)
- Breach of a criminal behaviour order (also applicable to breach of an anti-social behaviour order)
- Breach of a sexual harm prevention order (also applicable to breach of a sexual offences prevention order and to breach of a foreign travel order)
- Failing to comply with notification requirement
- Breach of disqualification from acting as a director
- Breach of disqualification from keeping an animal