The definitive guideline on assault was issued on 16 March 2011 and came into force on 13 June 2011.
The consultation on the draft guideline on assault was open from 13 October 2010 to 5 July 2011.
There were 394 responses received.
The following offences are included in the definitive guideline:
- causing grievous bodily harm with intent to do grievous bodily harm / Wounding with intent to do grievous bodily harm;
- inflicting grievous bodily harm / Unlawful wounding;
- assault occasioning actual bodily harm;
- assault with intent to resist arrest;
- assault on a police constable in execution of his duty; and
- common assault.